• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BEW
Junior Boarder

Re: Ever meet a member of the Dead?

#28029 3 years, 3 months ago
Back in Oct 31, 1985, We flew to San Fran to see Jerry after his coma...I was dressed in a huge chicken suit, with a face enclosing chicken head. I found myself walking outside of the venue with someone tagging along and talking to me...I bragged I bought a ticket a face value and that I had been up for 24 hours, just landed from NY on Braniff Airways...was so excited to see the second show Jerry did after his coma. This person was fun but I couldn't really see him as the slits for my eyes were so small...but when he said he had to go he stared straight into my eyes and it was Bob Weir. It was a great Prankster moment ...!!!!
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#28036 3 years, 3 months ago
BEW wrote:
Back in Oct 31, 1985, We flew to San Fran to see Jerry after his coma...I was dressed in a huge chicken suit, with a face enclosing chicken head. I found myself walking outside of the venue with someone tagging along and talking to me...I bragged I bought a ticket a face value and that I had been up for 24 hours, just landed from NY on Braniff Airways...was so excited to see the second show Jerry did after his coma. This person was fun but I couldn't really see him as the slits for my eyes were so small...but when he said he had to go he stared straight into my eyes and it was Bob Weir. It was a great Prankster moment ...!!!!

Jerry's coma was in the summer of 1986, just sayin'.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Steve
Junior Boarder

#28136 3 years, 3 months ago
I met Vince when he played with Terrapin Flyer. Got him to take a pic with me. Took the first pic and he said something like "that was a bad shot of me. Let's do another." No problem! Takes another pic and he kisses my cheek for it. Freakin' awesome. He was rather drunk. Nice guy, but seemed lonely.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEW
Junior Boarder

#28163 3 years, 3 months ago
OK Oct 31, 1986...Thanks...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28166 3 years, 3 months ago
07/07/86- Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - Washington DC, DC
12/15/86- Oakland Coliseum Stadium - Oakland, CA

nothing inbetween those shows in 86' - sorry not trying to contradict you just had to mention that....
BEW
Junior Boarder

#28439 3 years, 3 months ago
Was A version of Jerry Garcia Band I believe...
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#28475 3 years, 3 months ago
BEW wrote:
Was A version of Jerry Garcia Band I believe...

Yep, the Jerry Garcia Band did some gigs before the big comeback at the Oakland Col. in December. Were you there at the first show of that "Welcome Back Grateful Dead" run? The "Touch of Grey" opener was so emotional. Jerry came out on stage and pumped his fist into the air. There wasn't a dry eye in the house, and the crowd drowned out the band for the whole song. That is one of my best GD memories.
Without love day to day insanity's king
BEW
Junior Boarder

#28748 3 years, 3 months ago
Was that the show where he did Werewolves of London?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#28819 3 years, 3 months ago
No...But I met Bill Walton + Father Guido Sarduccii before the NYE show 12/31/85. Fun stuff !
BEW
Junior Boarder

#29231 3 years, 3 months ago
Father Sarducci...he was so funny! Saw him also backstage at MSG once...What was cool then in 86 was they broadcast the show outside via loudspeakers. I was n the wrong place at the wrong time and halfway thru the show I ws booted...but there was a huge party going on on the lawn outside complete with the live show! what a night twas! And it being Halloween...especially wild!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds