Met:
Jerry
Bobby
Phil
Mickey
Billy
Brent
Hunter
Many of them, more than once. Each band member was just super friendly every time I met one. Great people.

The best time was the MSG Rainforest Benifit after show party in NYC. It was a "long. long, crazy, crazy, night"!
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Ever meet a member of the Dead?

#29314 3 years, 4 months ago
Exchanged a hello with Jerry in 94' @ the La sports arena. When the show was over we stayed in the venue as long as they let us and we were sitting to the side of stage up in 2nd teir and saw Jerry as he was leaving, he had a briefcase with him. We yelled Jerrrry. He looked up waved and yelled hey. It was magical at the time.
GOOD LOVE
BEW
Junior Boarder

#29357 3 years, 4 months ago
Was some version of Jerry's band in SF...I seem to remember it as Oct 31, 1986...
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
BEW
Junior Boarder

#29438 3 years, 4 months ago
WOW great story...Glad to hear Bobby was friendly...I am so jealous...but thrilled that you two had these wonderful times...!s
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#29439 3 years, 4 months ago
Havent met a member of the band YET. But i WILL. Jus watch ima steal a jetpack and land on stage in the middle of shoreline amphitheatre, carrying a giant platypus ...whos strangely wearing an old school powdered wig....what....my platypus is goin thru a george washington phase.............
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#29505 3 years, 4 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
Havent met a member of the band YET. But i WILL. Jus watch ima steal a jetpack and land on stage in the middle of shoreline amphitheatre, carrying a giant platypus ...whos strangely wearing an old school powdered wig....what....my platypus is goin thru a george washington phase.............

I hope Weir grabs that jetpack and slams it up your butt and then for the next several hours you do somersaults above shoreline with sparks flying out your ass. I'd pay to see that.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#29515 3 years, 4 months ago
That'd b awesome, man. I totally concur. =-)
BEW
Junior Boarder

#30202 3 years, 4 months ago
great pix! thank you so much!!!
BEW
Junior Boarder

#31298 3 years, 4 months ago
Glad you didn't bug him...
jenbrightsky
Fresh Boarder

#31332 3 years, 4 months ago
So, In my dreams.... really. In my dreams I've hung out with most of them except for maybe Donna, Keith and Pigpen. Those are the dreams you don't want to wake from.

In this earthly reality I met Phil once in 2010, after the New Years show, at the 4 Seasons in SF during a meet and greet benefit for the Unbroken Chain foundation. There were about 20 of us there, no more. It was facilitated by 2 pranksters which made the 4 seasons feel a little less 4 seasons. It was cool a bunch of heads sitting 'round a long rectangle table having breakfast with Phil. I pretty much just listened and watched, while others asked questions. Phil spoke of how Jill was writing the set lists at the time... his new ride, his strings.... mostly stuff we all know now. My best friend next to my hubby gave this to me as a gift and was one of the best I've ever received. Phil was a great host and accepted a CD of my husband's. It would be nice to meet him again in a less formal environment... but I so very much appreciate what I got.

I also went to the GD symposium @ UMass Amherst in 2007 and met Dennis McNally, Herb Green, MG, Dan Healey, David Gans, Nicholas Meriwether, Bob Bralove and more. This was an amazing weekend, very low key and informal, with a ton of informative panel discussions. I'd love for something like this to happen again. Conversations and connections were had by all! I brought my 6 week old and he slept through the whole thing... (perfect).

Dick Latvala bought me a drink once too... that was fun.

Merl Saunders was also alway a gentleman.

How lucky we all are for such experiences!
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds